Art Director and Intern
Sound good to you? Apply with 3 things: your Dribbble username, samples of your work, and a letter about why Blacksmith is the right place for you.
Make sure you show us you have:
- Great visual chops and a focus on simple, clear, responsive UI.
- Comfort with data: you know when you don’t know enough to make a design decision, and you seek out answers.
- An interest in exploration: you think about what to build now and what to build in the future.
- A solid perspective on how users engage with online communities.
- Made useful prototypes and wireframes (send us samples!) and experience working with style guides.
- A way with icons or illustration.
- 5+ years of professional product design experience.
- Worked remote or want to give it a shot.
- Well-rounded knowledge of design concepts – layout, typography, color correction, etc as well as a strong grasp of web design and UX best practices
- Experience in print production and familiarity with pre-press requirements
- Proficient in creatively transforming strategic direction/requirements into visual designs
- Ability to multi-task and deliver under tight deadlines
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Positive attitude and a willingness to learn and improve design knowledge and skills
- An amazing portfolio – will be requested!