Blacksmith is seeking a Back-End Magento Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. The developer transforms completed designs into live, interactive web experiences with beautiful, clean code and works with front-end developers to integrate into the Magento eCommerce platform.
Your code is so gorgeous that it’s breathtaking. You are one sharp cookie. You keep it 100. Your smile is the sunshine that brightens up everyone’s day.You would do anything for your fellow comrades. You have a date with destiny and the only thing on the menu is GREATNESS.
We work with git, chat on Slack and our team structure is flat and open. Self-motivated individuals tend to thrive best here, and we are looking for someone filled with inspiration and who isn’t afraid to take initiative. This position is for someone with a deep understanding of Magento. You have built your own themes and plugins before and possibly even contributed to Magento Core. You enjoy finding elegant solutions to complex problems. You are up-to-date with the latest and greatest trends and technologies because you are engaged in the open source community and you enjoy building software that pushes the web forward.
We would love for you to join our team!
- Working with the Blacksmith team on new projects, from initial interaction with clients during the requirements discovery phase through implementation and deployment of the completed project.
- Leading the technical direction during design and development processes by driving decisions and coordinating efforts with fellow Blacksmiths.
- Providing insight and effectively communicating with internal and external stakeholders to demonstrate how the Magento solution will be leveraged to meet client business demands on new projects.
- Engineering leading-edge systems for clients in a variety of industries, with solutions targeting a variety of customer models including B2B and B2C engagements
- Provide technical oversight to the development team in order for them to complete development tasks successfully.
- Perform code reviews according to Blacksmith process standards and technical requirements.
- Act as a subject matter expert as it pertains to website architecture and work with cross-functional teams within Blacksmith to help resolve recurring site issues
- Working experience with the eCommerce development process and the ability to create solutions for common questions/concerns on this type of platform
- Ability to come up with accurate development estimates based on high-level business and/or technical requirements
- Ability to lead and mentor teams of engineers working on eCommerce solutions
- A keen interest in emerging technologies and how they might impact future design decisions and strategic directions
- 6+ years of experience in PHP building object-oriented websites
- 4+ years of experience with Magento, ideally holding a leadership role on at least 2 full scale Magento project
- 2+ years of experience with Magento 2
- Familiarity with the Model-View-Controller (MVC) architectural pattern, and previous experience developing web applications using this pattern or on existing MVC framework
- Solid experience interacting with MySQL database systems through abstraction layer (in addition to the ability to write raw SQL queries)
- Excellent experience using PHP to create and consume web services (SOAP, XML-RPC) and/or other experience implementing data integrations within the platform
- Strong knowledge of Linux
- Excellent level of verbal and written communication skills
Nice to Have
- Magento or M2 Certification
- Experience w/ Magento Enterprise
Apply here: https://blacksmithphx.typeform.com/to/bs8SsK