Magento Web Design
7 Reasons to use Magento eCommerce in 2015
- The long standing history of Magento – Magento is an open source platform and has been around since the spring of 2008. Magenta therefore has a long standing history as the goto eCommerce platform to develop on. Because Magento has been around for such a long time, coupled with the fact that it is open source – there has been much room for improvements over the years. Magenta is to eCommerce platforms as WordPress is to content management systems. Essentially, it has been a long standing ‘standard’ in the web community for some time now and continues to thrive.
- Magento’s Market share – Based on research from aheadWorks in October 2014, Magento’s market share among the 30 most popular ecom platforms is about 30%. This number is huge, as eCommerce becomes more important everyday, so does the utilization of a particular platform, community and compatability in regards to plugins. At it’s essense, Magento holds the title as the worlds most popular eCommerce platform and has all the credentials to show it.
- Owned by big players – As of June 2011 eBay owns 100% of Magento. As such development cycles are significantly shortened, while the top brains around the world work on the platform. eBay owns other products that are market leaders such as PayPal, Craigslist, StumbleUpon, rent.com etc.
- Used by big players – Magento is used by some of the largest and most successful companies in the world. Prime examples include: Nike, Nestle, Nordstrom, Adidas, Ford, Franklin, Northface, Fox, Breville, Lenovo, Men’s Health, Samsung, RosetttaStone, Ghirardelli Chocolate, Olympus Cameras, Sierra Nevada Brewing Company, Zumiez, Vizio, Fiji Water, Stussy, Volcom, Radio Flyer, Jones Soda etc.
- Huge integration capacity – Magento as mentioned is the largest eCom platform and as such is compatible with a variety of third party systems. Some big time names are eBay, Google, Constant Contact Amazon, PayPal, FedEx, UPS, USPS, DHL, ePay, ShipWorks, WorldPay, PayU, Braintree Payments, Facebook Store, Zopim LiveChat, Drupal, AfterShip, Captcha, Google Analytics, Quadra Extensions, ZenDesk, Ship Station, Cash on Delivery, Social Media Buttons etc.
- Magento is very SEO friendly – In this day and age, SEO is of the utmost importance. Back in the day, most folks would go and open up the yellow pages to find the businesses and services they were interested in. Nowadays everyone just googles what they are looking to find. Having a website with killer SEO can be the difference between a multi-billion dollar company and failure. Magento includes SEO friendly features such as most viewed products, SEO friendly URL’s, dynamically created google Sitempas, dynamically created search terms, a built in CMS or content management system (which ensures users put things in the right place for Google)
- We use Magento : )